Deep Life Quote: You always have the choice to be happy. Learn to understand the purpose of bumps in the road, grow from them and stay positive. – Unknown
Search Results for: you always have the choice
Below are 20 wise marriage tips from a man who was recently divorced. You wouldn’t normally think that a divorced man would give good advice on being a husband, but this man has been through enough hardship to know what is worth fighting for:
MARRIAGE ADVICE I WISH I WOULD HAVE HAD:
Obviously, I’m not a relationship expert. But there’s something about my divorce being finalized this week that gives me perspective of things I wish I would have done different… After losing a woman that I loved, and a marriage of almost 16 years, here’s the advice I wish I would have had…
1) Never stop courting. Never stop dating. NEVER EVER take that woman for granted. When you asked her to marry you, you promised to be that man that would OWN HER HEART and to fiercely protect it. This is the most important and sacred treasure you will ever be entrusted with. SHE CHOSE YOU. Never forget that, and NEVER GET LAZY in your love.
2) PROTECT YOUR OWN HEART. Just as you committed to being the protector of her heart, you must guard your own with the same vigilance. Love yourself fully, love the world openly, but there is a special place in your heart where no one must enter except for your wife. Keep that space always ready to receive her and invite her in, and refuse to let anyone or anything else enter there.
3) FALL IN LOVE OVER and OVER and OVER again. You will constantly change. You’re not the same people you were when you got married, and in five years you will not be the same person you are today. Change will come, and in that you have to re-choose each other everyday. SHE DOESN’T HAVE TO STAY WITH YOU, and if you don’t take care of her heart, she may give that heart to someone else or seal you out completely, and you may never be able to get it back. Always fight to win her love just as you did when you were courting her.
4) ALWAYS SEE THE BEST in her. Focus only on what you love. What you focus on will expand. If you focus on what bugs you, all you will see is reasons to be bugged. If you focus on what you love, you can’t help but be consumed by love. Focus to the point where you can no longer see anything but love, and you know without a doubt that you are the luckiest man on earth to be have this woman as your wife.
5) IT’S NOT YOUR JOB TO CHANGE OR FIX HER… your job is to love her as she is with no expectation of her ever changing. And if she changes, love what she becomes, whether it’s what you wanted or not.
6) TAKE FULL ACCOUNTABILITY for your own emotions: It’s not your wife’s job to make you happy, and she CAN’T make you sad. You are responsible for finding your own happiness, and through that your joy will spill over into your relationship and your love.
7) NEVER BLAME your wife If YOU get frustrated or angry at her, it is only because it is triggering something inside of YOU. They are YOUR emotions, and your responsibility. When you feel those feelings take time to get present and to look within and understand what it is inside of YOU that is asking to be healed. You were attracted to this woman because she was the person best suited to trigger all of your childhood wounds in the most painful way so that you could heal them… when you heal yourself, you will no longer be triggered by her, and you will wonder why you ever were.
Allow your woman to JUST BE. When she’s sad or upset, it’s not your job to fix it, it’s your job to HOLD HER and let her know it’s ok. Let her know that you hear her, and that she’s important and that you are that pillar on which she can always lean. The feminine spirit is about change and emotion and like a storm her emotions will roll in and out, and as you remain strong and unjudging she will trust you and open her soul to you… DON’T RUN-AWAY WHEN SHE’S UPSET. Stand present and strong and let her know you aren’t going anywhere. Listen to what she is really saying behind the words and emotion.
9) BE SILLY… don’t take yourself so damn seriously. Laugh. And make her laugh. Laughter makes everything else easier.
10) FILL HER SOUL EVERYDAY… learn her love languages and the specific ways that she feels important and validated and CHERISHED. Ask her to create a list of 10 THINGS that make her feel loved and memorize those things and make it a priority everyday to make her feel like a queen.
11) BE PRESENT. Give her not only your time, but your focus, your attention and your soul. Do whatever it takes to clear your head so that when you are with her you are fully WITH HER. Treat her as you would your most valuable client. She is.
12) BE WILLING TO TAKE HER SEXUALLY, to carry her away in the power of your masculine presence, to consume her and devour her with your strength, and to penetrate her to the deepest levels of her soul. Let her melt into her feminine softness as she knows she can trust you fully.
13) DON’T BE AN IDIOT…. And don’t be afraid of being one either. You will make mistakes and so will she. Try not to make too big of mistakes, and learn from the ones you do make. You’re not supposed to be perfect, just try to not be too stupid.
14) GIVE HER SPACE… The woman is so good at giving and giving, and sometimes she will need to be reminded to take time to nurture herself. Sometimes she will need to fly from your branches to go and find what feeds her soul, and if you give her that space she will come back with new songs to sing…. (okay, getting a little too poetic here, but you get the point. Tell her to take time for herself, ESPECIALLY after you have kids. She needs that space to renew and get re-centered, and to find herself after she gets lost in serving you, the kids and the world.)
15) BE VULNERABLE… you don’t have to have it all together. Be willing to share your fears and feelings, and quick to acknowledge your mistakes.
16) BE FULLY TRANSPARENT. If you want to have trust you must be willing to share EVERYTHING… Especially those things you don’t want to share. It takes courage to fully love, to fully open your heart and let her in when you don’t know i she will like what she finds… Part of that courage is allowing her to love you completely, your darkness as well as your light. DROP THE MASK… If you feel like you need to wear a mask around her, and show up perfect all the time, you will never experience the full dimension of what love can be.
17) NEVER STOP GROWING TOGETHER… The stagnant pond breeds malaria, the flowing stream is always fresh and cool. Atrophy is the natural process when you stop working a muscle, just as it is if you stop working on your relationship. Find common goals, dreams and visions to work towards.
18) DON’T WORRY ABOUT MONEY. Money is a game, find ways to work together as a team to win it. It never helps when teammates fight. Figure out ways to leverage both persons strength to win.
19) FORGIVE IMMEDIATELY and focus on the future rather than carrying weight from the past. Don’t let your history hold you hostage. Holding onto past mistakes that either you or she makes, is like a heavy anchor to your marriage and will hold you back. FORGIVENESS IS FREEDOM. Cut the anchor loose and always choose love.
20) ALWAYS CHOOSE LOVE. ALWAYS CHOOSE LOVE. ALWAYS CHOOSE LOVE. In the end, this is the only advice you need. If this is the guiding principle through which all your choices is governed, there is nothing that will threaten the happiness of your marriage. Love will always endure.
In the end MARRIAGE isn’t about Happily ever after. It’s about work. And a commitment to grow together and a willingness to continually invest in creating something that can endure eternity. Through that work, the happiness will come.
Marriage is life, and it will bring ups and downs. Embracing all of the cycles and learning to learn from and love each experience will bring the strength and perspective to keep building, one brick at a time.
These are lessons I learned the hard way. These are lessons I learned too late.
But these are lessons I am learning and committed in carrying forward. Truth is, I LOVED being married, and in time, I will get married again, and when I do, I will build it with a foundation that will endure any storm and any amount of time.
If you are reading this and find wisdom in my pain, share it those those young husbands whose hearts are still full of hope, and with those couples you may know who may have forgotten how to love. One of those men may be like I was, and in these hard earned lessons perhaps something will awaken in him and he will learn to be the man his lady has been waiting for.
The woman that told him ‘I do’, and trusted her life with him, has been waiting for this man to step up.
If you are reading this and your marriage isn’t what you want it to be, take 100% responsibility for YOUR PART in marriage, regardless of where your spouse is at, and commit to applying these lessons while there is time.
MEN – THIS IS YOUR CHARGE: Commit to being an EPIC LOVER. There is no greater challenge, and no greater prize. Your woman deserves that from you.
Be the type of husband your wife can’t help but brag about.
– Gerald Rogers
Robin Williams didn’t die from suicide. I only just heard the sad, sad news of Robin Williams’s death. My wife sent me a message to tell me he had died, and, when I asked her what he died from, she told me something that nobody in the news seems to be talking about.
When people die from cancer, their cause of death can be various horrible things – seizure, stroke, pneumonia – and when someone dies after battling cancer, and people ask “How did they die?”, you never hear anyone say “pulmonary embolism”, the answer is always “cancer”. A Pulmonary Embolism can be the final cause of death with some cancers, but when a friend of mine died from cancer, he died from cancer. That was it. And when I asked my wife what Robin Williams died from, she, very wisely, replied “Depression”.
The word “suicide” gives many people the impression that “it was his own decision,” or “he chose to die, whereas most people with cancer fight to live.” And, because Depression is still such a misunderstood condition, you can hardly blame people for not really understanding. Just a quick search on Twitter will show how many people have little sympathy for those who commit suicide…
But, just as a Pulmonary Embolism is a fatal symptom of cancer, suicide is a fatal symptom of Depression. Depression is an illness, not a choice of lifestyle. You can’t just “cheer up” with depression, just as you can’t choose not to have cancer. When someone commits suicide as a result of Depression, they die from Depression – an illness that kills millions each year. It is hard to know exactly how many people actually die from Depression each year because the figures and statistics only seem to show how many people die from “suicide” each year (and you don’t necessarily have to suffer Depression to commit suicide, it’s usually just implied). But considering that one person commits suicide every 14 minutes in the US alone, we clearly need to do more to battle this illness, and the stigmas that continue to surround it. Perhaps Depression might lose some its “it was his own fault” stigma, if we start focussing on the illness, rather than the symptom. Robin Williams didn’t die from suicide. He died from Depression*. It wasn’t his choice to suffer that. –Tom Clempsom
Here are 101 beautiful quotes and sayings handpicked from our extensive collection. This list has been updated for 2018. We’re constantly updating this list – so feel free to email us some of your beautiful quotes. Cheers!
101 Beautiful Life Quotes and Sayings
1. The only difference between a good day and a bad day is your attitude. – Dennis S. Brown
2. You may not end up where you thought you’d be, but you always end up where you’re meant to be.” – Unknown
3. Nothing really ever happens like you imagine it will. – John Green
4. There are two kinds of suffering. There is the suffering you run away from, which follows you everywhere. And there is the suffering you face directly, and so become free. – Ajahn Chah
5. The source of love is deep in us and we can help others realize a lot of happiness. One word, one action, one thought can reduce another person’s suffering and bring that person joy. – Thich Nhat Hanh
6. Use everything as an opportunity to understand, grow, and expand. – Unknown
7. I love those who yearn for the impossible. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
8. Some of the best lessons are learned from past mistakes. The error of the past is the wisdom of the future. – Dale Turner
9. You cannot escape your own attitudes, for they will form the nature of what you see. Quite literally you see what you want to see; and you see your own thoughts and emotional attitudes materialized in physical form. If changes are to occur, they must be mental and psychic changes. This will be reflected in your environment. Negative, distrustful, fearful, or degrading attitudes towards anyone work against the self. True self-knowledge is indispensable for health or vitality. The recognition of truth about the self simply means that you must first discover what you think about yourself, subconsciously. If it is good, build upon it. If it is poor one, recognize it only as the opinion you have held of yourself and NOT as an absolute state. – Seth
10. Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell. And when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.” – Ernest Hemingway
11. Happiness is a conscious choice, not an automatic response. – Mildred Barthel
12. Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are. – Malcom Forbes
13. Time doesn’t heal you when you’re not ready to move on. – Unknown
14. The best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other. – Dalai Lama
15. Why waste your time getting hurt over and over by the same person when there’s someone else out there better who’s waiting to make you smile.
16. The only difference between a dream that came true and one that didn’t, is a person who wouldn’t give up and one who did. – Susan Gale
17. Taking the first step to love someone requires courage. The feeling that you are loved by someone gives you confidence and strength. – Mark Amend
18. The hardest prison to escape is in your mind. – Unknown
19. Sometimes pain becomes such a huge part of your life that you always expect it to be there, because you can’t remember a time in your life that it wasn’t. Then one day you feel something else. Something that feels wrong only because it is so unfamiliar, and in that moment you realize that you’re happy. – Unknown
20. Sometimes I come across a tree which seems like Buddha or Jesus: loving, compassionate, still, unambitious, enlightened, in eternal meditation, giving pleasure to a pilgrim, shade to a cow, berries to a bird, beauty to its surroundings, health to its neighbors, branches for the fire, leaves for the soil, asking nothing in return, in total harmony with the wind and the rain. How much can I learn from a tree? The tree is my church, the tree is my temple, the tree is my mantra, the tree is my poem and my prayer. – Satish Kumar
21. Life is taking you somewhere, listen to the messages, they will repeat until you follow their call. – Leon Brown
22. You will understand why when you look back, the answers are rarely given in the middle of the lesson. – Leon Brown
23. One of the things she had learned early in her life was that if you discovered something that made you tighten inside, you had better try to learn more about it. If you simply ignored the feeling, you would never know what might happen, and in many ways that was worse than finding out that you were wrong in the first place. Because if you were wrong, you could go forward in your life without ever looking back over your shoulder and wondering what might have been. – Nicholas Sparks
24. “So often we try to make other people feel better by minimizing their pain, by telling them that it will get better (which it will) or that there are worse things in the world (which there are). But that’s not what I actually needed. What I actually needed was for someone to tell me that it hurt because it mattered. I have found this very useful to think about over the years, and I find that it is a lot easier and more bearable to be sad when you aren’t constantly berating yourself for being sad. – John Green
25. Don’t get bitter, just get BETTER. – Unknown
26. Because when the world quiets to the sound of your own breathing, we all want the same things: comfort, love, and a peaceful heart. – Mitch Albom
27. Picture yourself when you were five. In fact, dig out a photo of little you at that time and tape it to your mirror. How would you treat her, love her, feed her? How would you nurture her if you were the mother of little you? I bet you would protect her fiercely while giving her space to spread her itty-bitty wings. She’d get naps, healthy food, imagination time, and adventures into the wild. If playground bullies hurt her feelings, you’d hug her tears away and give her perspective. When tantrums or meltdowns turned her into a poltergeist, you’d demand a loving time-out in the naughty chair. From this day forward I want you to extend that same compassion to your adult self. – Kris Carr
28. You just do it. You force yourself to get up. You force yourself to put one foot before the other, and God damn it, you refuse to let it get to you. You fight. You cry. You curse. Then you go about the business of living. That’s how I’ve done it. There’s no other way. – Elizabeth Taylor
29. I don’t regret the things I’ve done. I regret the things I didn’t do when I had the chance. – Unknown
30. Travel is little beds and cramped bathrooms. It’s old television sets and slow Internet connections. Travel is extraordinary conversations with ordinary people. It’s waiters, gas station attendants, and housekeepers becoming the most interesting people in the world. It’s churches that are compelling enough to enter. It’s McDonald’s being a luxury. It’s the realization that you may have been born in the wrong country. Travel is a smile that leads to a conversation in broken English. It’s the epiphany that pretty girls smile the same way all over the world. Travel is tipping 10% and being embraced for it. Travel is the same white T-shirt again tomorrow. Travel is accented sex after good wine and too many unfiltered cigarettes. Travel is flowing in the back of a bus with giggly strangers. It’s a street full of bearded backpackers looking down at maps. Travel is wishing for one more bite of whatever that just was. It’s the rediscovery of walking somewhere. It’s sharing a bottle of liquor on an overnight train with a new friend. Travel is “Maybe I don’t have to do it that way when I get back home. – Nick Miller, Isn’t It Pretty To Think So?
31. One solid thing I can say is that fear is not necessarily a bad thing. It’s something that, as you get older, you can get a bit more comfortable with. Fear is a very motivating thing in life. You should not be crippled by it — use it instead. – Unknown
32. Life is a one way street no matter how many detours you take, none of them lead back. So enjoy life’s every moment, as none of them will happen the same way again.
33. I began to draw an invisible boundary between myself and other people. No matter who I was dealing with. I maintained a set distance, carefully monitoring the person’s attitude so that they wouldn’t get any closer. I didn’t easily swallow what other people told me. My only passions were books and music. – Haruki Murakami
34. I prefer winter and fall, when you feel the bone structure of the landscape—the loneliness of it, the dead feeling of winter. Something waits beneath it, the whole story doesn’t show. – Andrew Wyeth
35. No matter how good or bad you think life is, wake up each day and be thankful for life. Someone somewhere else is fighting to survive.
36. We often just accept the things that we like, and complain a lot about the things that we don’t like. But if we could, like, intensely dwell on the really great things in life the way we intensely dwell on the negative things in life; I think that would be fantastic. – Hank Green
37. Yet you still value the things you’ve lost the most. Because the things you’ve lost are still perfect in your head. They never rusted. They never broke. They are made of the memories you once had, which only grow rosier and brighter, day by day. They are made of the dreams of how wonderful things could have been and must never suffer the indignity of actually still existing. Of being real. Of having flaws. Of breaking and deteriorating. Only the things you no longer have will always be perfect. – I Wrote This For You: The Efficiency and Perfection of the Lost
38. Put the past behind you, the present moment is all that matters, in the life of those who want to be happy. – Leon Brown
39. It is never too late or too soon. It is when it is supposed to be. – Mitch Albom
40. God gave you a heart to love with, not to hate with, God gave you the ability to create Heaven on earth, not Hell. – Leon Brown
41. Always FORGIVE people and move on, even if they never ask for your forgiveness. Don’t do it for them – do it for YOURSELF. – Unknown
42. Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own. – Paulo Coelho
43. I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself. – Rita Mae Brown
44. Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place. – Kurt Vonnegut
45. You never know what’s around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you’ve climbed a mountain. – Tom Hiddleston
46. It’s time for you to realize that there won’t always be someone there to hold your hand. Sometimes we have to grasp onto life and hope that our best is good enough and fight our own battles. People call it life, I call it growing up.
47. This is one more piece of advice I have for you: don’t get impatient. Even if things are so tangled up you can’t do anything, don’t get desperate or blow a fuse and start yanking on one particular thread before it’s ready to come undone. You have to figure it’s going to be a long process and that you’ll work on things slowly, one at a time.
48. That’s the thing about people who mean everything they say. They think everyone else does too. – Khaled Hosseini
49. What consumes your mind, controls your life.
50. Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it. – Elizabeth Gilbert
51. No relationship is all sunshine, but two people can share one umbrella and survive the storm together.
52. Surround yourself with good people. They make it easier to keep your head up even when you’re going through bad times. – Thema Davis
53.When you really respect yourself you’ll stop dating people who clearly have no respect for you. – Thema Davis
54. Tonight go to sleep as though your whole past has been dropped. Die to the past. And in the morning wake up as a new man in a new morning. Don’t let the same one who went to bed get up. Let him go to sleep for good. Let the one who is ever-new and ever-fresh awake instead. – Osho
55. Stop expecting others to act first, be the one who makes a positive change. – Leon Brown
56. It’s the time to make choices you can be proud of. It’s the time to be the best version of yourself and in the process, somewhere along the way hopefully you attract the best version someone else has to offer. The more you challenge yourself, the higher your expectations become for your life and the people you want to have in it. – Erin Foster
57. You must find your passion in life to truly live to your potential. – Unknown
58. Do not sit solemnly before a belief and say ‘Aha, this is my great belief, and it blocks my view!’ But, as a child, kick it aside and make a new one. The ideas are your blocks. You can use them, therefore, playfully, to build with, or if you will forgive me for using a pun, you can use them as objects that block your view. And children deal quite joyfully with blocks. And if they erect structures that do not please them, then without an instant remorse, they knock them aside, and make anew one. So if you have a pretty structure, save it. But if you have one that displeases you, then knock it aside. The playground is yours. It is a war-ground if you make it into one. It is a playground of creativity and joy if you realize that it is. But the new design, with the new blocks, are quite there, and quite available. And if you were playful enough about it, you would be quite aware, and there is no need to wait for new beliefs-unless you BELIEVE you must wait for new beliefs. And there is no struggle, unless you BELIEVE that you must struggle. And it is not hard unless you BELIEVE that it must be difficult. – Seth
59. The best opportunities won’t sit around and wait for you. Be ready for them or they’ll move on without you.
60. Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people. – Carl Jung
62. When the eye finds nothing to see, that no-thingness is perceived as space. When the ear finds nothing to hear, that no-thingness is perceived as stillness. When the senses, which are designed to perceive form, meet an absence of form, the formless consciousness that lies behind perception and makes all perception, all experience, possible, is no longer obscured by form. When you contemplate the unfathomable depth of space or listen to the silence in the early hours just before sunrise, something within you resonates with it as if in recognition. You then sense the vast depth of space as your own depth, and you know that precious stillness that has no form to be more deeply who you are than any of the things that make up the content of your life. – Eckhart Tolle
63. The true measure of a man is not his intelligence or how high he rises in this freak establishment. No, the true measure of a man is this: how quickly can he respond to the needs of others and how much of himself he can give. – Philip K. Dick
64. If you throw away all thoughts of attainment, you will then come to see the real purpose of your quest. – Seung Sahn
65. The thing about life is that you must survive. Life is going to be difficult, and dreadful things will happen. What you do is move along, get on with it, and be tough. Not in the sense of being mean to others, but being tough with yourself and making a deadly effort not to be defeated. – Katharine Hepburn
66. Behind every person is a story, behind every story is a person. So think before you judge, because judging someone doesn’t label who they are, it labels who you are.
67. From good things, I learn to be a thankful person. From bad things, I learn to be a strong person.
68. Nobody really knows how much anyone else is hurting. We could be standing next to someone who is completely broken and we’d never know.
69. You may not be perfect, or even close to it, but I love you, and to me, you’re as perfect as you can be.
70. Sometimes the right path is not always the easiest. – Pocahontas
71. More often than not, running away from your problems just increases the distance between you and the solution.
72. So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they’re busy doing things they think are important. This is because they’re chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning. – Morrie Schwartz
73. As time goes on, you’ll understand. What lasts, lasts; what doesn’t, doesn’t. Time solves most things. And what time can’t solve, you have to solve yourself. – Haruki Murakami
74. If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello. – Paulo Coelho
75. It’s much easier to not know things sometimes. Things change and friends leave. And life doesn’t stop for anybody. I wanted to laugh. Or maybe get mad. Or maybe shrug at how strange everybody was, especially me. I think the idea is that every person has to live for his or her own life and than make the choice to share it with other people. You can’t just sit their and put everybody’s lives ahead of yours and think that counts as love. You just can’t. You have to do things. I’m going to do what I want to do. I’m going to be who I really am. And I’m going to figure out what that is. And we could all sit around and wonder and feel bad about each other and blame a lot of people for what they did or didn’t do or what they didn’t know. I don’t know. I guess there could always be someone to blame. It’s just different. Maybe it’s good to put things in perspective, but sometimes, I think that the only perspective is to really be there. Because it’s okay to feel things. I was really there. And that was enough to make me feel infinite. I feel infinite. – Stephen Chbosky
76. I feel like people get lost when they think of happiness as a destination. We’re always thinking that someday we’ll be happy. You know, we’ll get that car or that job or that person in our lives that fixes everything. But happiness is a mood and a condition, it’s not a destination. It’s like being tired or hungry; it’s not permanent, it comes and it goes, and that’s okay. And I feel like if people thought of it that way, they’d find happiness a lot more often.
77. You can’t recycle wasted time. – Unknown
78. There’s always a moment when you start to fall out of love, whether it’s with a person or an idea or a cause, even if it’s one you only narrate to yourself years after the event: a tiny thing, a wrong word, a false note, which means that things can never be quite the same again. – Douglas Adams
79. Cry as hard as you want to, but just make sure that when you’re finished, you never cry for the same reason again.
80. Sometimes removing some people out of your life makes room for better people. – Unknown
81. It’s the loneliest feeling in the world – to find yourself standing up when everyone else is sitting down. To have everybody look at you and say ‘what’s the matter with her?’ Walking down an empty street, listening to the sound of your own footsteps. Shutters closed, blinds drawn, doors locked against you, and you aren’t sure whether you’re walking toward something, or if you’re just walking away.
82. Whatever could have been or should have been, doesn’t matter. This moment is here and now for you to live.
83. You’re cheating yourself out of today. Today is calling to you, trying to get your attention, but you’re stuck on tomorrow, and today trickles away like water down a drain. You wake up the next morning and that today you wasted is gone forever. It’s now yesterday. Some of those moments may have had wonderful things in store for you, but now you’ll never know. – Jerry Spinelli
84. As I’ve grown up, I’ve learned several things. Life is full of disappointments and people you trusted will sooner or later let you down. I’ve learned that often those you love will love someone else and there’s only one way to fall – fast and hard. I’ve learned that out of thousands of smiles, it takes one to touch your heart. I’ve found that words can be deceiving but the truth always lies in a person’s eyes. I’ve learned that everything can change in the blink of an eye and tears often come without invitation. I’ve learned crying can make us stronger and there’s never too much love to go around. I’ve learned that prejudice helps no one and that weapons don’t hurt people, people hurt people.
85. Life is a one way street no matter how many detours you take, none of them lead back. So enjoy life’s every moment, as none of them will happen the same way again.
86. Everything is a gift. The degree to which we are awake to this truth is a measure of our gratefullness, and gratefullness is a measure of our aliveness. – David Steindl-Rast, Jesus and Lao Tzu: The Parallel Sayings
87. The quicker you are in attaching verbal or mental labels to things, people, or situations, the more shallow and lifeless your reality becomes, and the more deadened you become to reality. – Eckhart Tolle
88. The atoms that make up your body were once forged inside stars, and the causes of even the smallest event are virtually infinite and connected with the whole in incomprehensible ways. – Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth
89. Spirituality is recognizing and celebrating that we are all inextricably connected to each other by a power greater than all of us, and that our connection to that power and to one another is grounded in love and compassion. Practicing spirituality brings a sense of perspective, meaning, and purpose to our lives. – Brene Brown
90. The power is in you. The answer is in you. And you are the answer to all your searches: you are the goal. You are the answer. It’s never outside. – Eckhart Tolle
91. You do not simply fall into a depression. Your beliefs cause the depression. Face the depression. Follow the feelings through, but realize that they are feelings in the same way that you realize, hopefully, that beliefs are beliefs. There is a difference between, for example, the feeling, I am no good, I am unworthy, and the fact of being unworthy or no good. You may be the greatest success in the world as far as everyone else is concerned, and still feel that you are unworthy or no good. So, when you examine or let yourself feel your feelings, realize that they are feelings and not necessarily definitions of truth, and then they will move you beyond them. – Seth Audio Sessions
92. And do not compare yourselves with the idea of perfection! You are perfect as you are. You are happening! When you believe that you are unworthy, and when you interpret this particular belief, for example, to mean that you are fat, or that you are lonely, or that you are poor, you are following through with your beliefs perfectly! There is nothing inferior about such a reality that you have created! It is a beautiful example of your beliefs in action, in your terms! If you believe that you are inferior, Diana, and you find before you the result of your belief, then you have done an excellent job of projecting the belief outward! Pat yourself on the back! But if you do not like the results, then change your beliefs. There is nothing wrong with you. You did a good job of projecting your beliefs. There is nothing wrong with any of you, with your being, and with what you are. And do not ever let anyone tell you that there is! You are simply using your abilities and learning how to do it. And continue to learn. But there is nothing wrong with the self that is learning, and that is what I want you to know. There is nothing wrong with the selves that you are. Do not identify beliefs that you do not like with the self that you are. – Conversations with Seth, Vol 1, ch 5
93. Right now, there are people all over the world who are just like you. They’re either lonely or they’re missing somebody. They are in love with someone they probably shouldn’t be in love with. They have secrets you wouldn’t believe. They wish and they dream and they hope, and they look out the window whenever they’re in the car or on a bus or a train and they watch people on the streets and wonder what they’ve been through. They wonder if there are people out there like them. They’re like you, and you could tell them everything and they would understand. And right now, they’re sitting here reading these words, and I’m writing this for you so you don’t feel alone anymore.
94. There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance. We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life. – John Lennon
95. Courage has you say in a defiant spirit you can take everything from me, you could cut me deep, you could render me in shame but you will never ever stop me from loving those who mock me, from loving those that hate me, from loving those who don’t forgive me, from loving the cynics, from loving the darkness so much that I myself through my small acts of consistent unyielding love may bring on the light. – Cory Booker
96. Freedom comes from seeing ourselves as composed of worthiness that we can never be separate and apart from. It’s an impossibility. Hence, we need to change our conception and perception of worthiness itself. We need to view it as an integral part of our being and any belief otherwise is simply a result in a BELIEF in opposites.
97. Most people try to add years to their life, when the real trick is in adding MORE LIFE into every year. AGE doesn’t matter. What matters most is how you age, and how you SPEND the time in between.
98. You were born to make mistakes, not fake perfection.
99. But sometimes, we just have to be happy with what people can offer us. Even if it’s not what we want, at least it’s something. You know? – Sarah Dessen
100. At some point, you gotta let go, and sit still, and allow contentment to come to you. – Elizabeth Gilbert
101. People are just as wonderful as sunsets if you let them be. When I look at a sunset, I don’t find myself saying, “Soften the orange a bit on the right hand corner.” I don’t try to control a sunset. I watch with awe as it unfolds. – Carl R. Rogers
Congratulations for making it to the end! If these beautiful life quotes have helped you in anyway, please take a second to share them on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. Also, I’m always on the look out for new quotes: please share your favorite ones below. Thank you so much 🙂
We often forget that some of the greatest leaders and teachers lived in the past. To honor their massive contribution to the self help movement – I’ve put together a collection of 60 Popular Quotes and Sayings to honor these amazing visionaries and leaders.
60 Popular Quotes and Sayings to Inspire Change
1. The world has the habit of making room for the man whose words and actions show that he knows where he is going. – Napoleon Hill
2. Circumstance does not make the man; it reveals him to himself. – James Allen
3. The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it. – Michelangelo
4. Your life is in your hands, to make of it what you choose. – John Kehoe
5. Let others lead small lives, but not you. Let others argue over small things, but not you. Let others cry over small hurts, but not you. Let others leave their future in someone else’s hands, but not you. – Jim Rohn
6. I challenge you to make your life a masterpiece. I challenge you to join the ranks of those people who live what they teach, who walk their talk. – Anthony Robbins
7. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. – Mark Twain
8. For true success ask yourself these four questions: Why? Why not? Why not me? Why not now? – James Allen
9. Issue a blanket pardon. Forgive everyone who has ever hurt you in any way. Forgiveness is a perfectly selfish act. It sets you free from the past. – Brian Tracy
10. Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
11. At least three times every day take a moment and ask yourself what is really important. Have the wisdom and the courage to build your life around your answer. – Lee Jampolsky
12. To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
13. It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not. – Unknown
14. Simplicity is the key to brilliance. – Bruce Lee
15. There is no end. There is no beginning. There is only the infinite passion of life. – Federico Fellini
16. Work as though you would live forever, and live as though you would die today. – Og Mandino
17. What the mind of man can conceive and believe, the mind of man can achieve. – Napoleon Hill
18. Our greatest glory is not in never failing but in rising up every time we fail. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
19. Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it’s at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored. – Earl Nightingale
20. Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though chequered by failure, than to take rank with those poor souls who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. – Theodore Roosevelt
21. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. – Aristotle
22. All successful people men and women are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose. – Brian Tracy
23. The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time. – Mark Twain
24. There are no accidents… there is only some purpose that we haven’t yet understood. – Deepak Chopra
25. They can because they think they can. – Virgil
26. There are those who dream and wish and there are those who dream and work. – Jeune.E. McIntyre.
27. No man is a failure who is enjoying life. – William Feather
28. Death is not the biggest fear we have; our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive — the risk to be alive and express what we really are. – Don Miguel Ruiz
29. Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice. – Wayne Dyer
30. You and I are essentially infinite choice-makers. In every moment of our existence, we are in that field of all possibilities where we have access to an infinity of choices. – Deepak Chopra
31. Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools. – Napoleon Bonaparte
32. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. – Mark Twain
33. The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible. – Arthur C. Clarke
34. It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed. – Theodore Roosevelt
35. Fortune favours the brave. – Publius Terence
36. Ah, but a man’s reach should exceed his grasp, or what’s a heaven for? – Robert Browning
37. People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily. – Zig Ziglar
38. Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire, which transcends everything. – Napoleon Hill
39. People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. – Norman Vincent Peale
40. Men are born to succeed, not fail. – Henry David Thoreau
41. What we can or cannot do, what we consider possible or impossible, is rarely a function of our true capability. It is more likely a function of our beliefs about who we are. – Anthony Robbins
42. Every human has four endowments – self-awareness, conscience, independent will and creative imagination. These give us the ultimate human freedom… The power to choose, to respond, to change. – Stephen Covey
43. All the breaks you need in life wait within your imagination, Imagination is the workshop of your mind, capable of turning mind energy into accomplishment and wealth. – Napoleon Hill
44. There is just one life for each of us: our own. – Euripides
45. If you believe in what you are doing, then let nothing hold you up in your work. Much of the best work of the world has been done against seeming impossibilities. – Dale Carnegie
46. There is no such thing in anyone’s life as an unimportant day. – Alexander Woollcott
47. You can have anything you want, if you want it badly enough. You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set out to accomplish if you hold to that desire with singleness of purpose. – Abraham Lincoln
48. If you deliberately plan on being less than you are capable of being, then I warn you that you’ll be unhappy for the rest of your life. – Abraham H. Maslow
49. Remember, happiness doesn’t depend upon who you are or what you have, it depends solely upon what you think. – Dale Carnegie
50. The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything. – Theodore Roosevelt
51. Self-pity gets you nowhere. One must have the adventurous daring to accept oneself as a bundle of possibilities and undertake the most interesting game in the world — making the most of one’s best. – Harry Emerson Fosdick
52. Man’s mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions. – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
53. The nearest way to glory is to strive to be what you wish to be thought to be. – Socrates
54. The man who trims himself to suit everybody will soon whittle himself away. – Charles Schwab
55. Know the true value of time; snatch, seize, and enjoy every moment of it. No idleness, no delay, no procrastination; never put off till tomorrow what you can do today. – Earl of Chesterfield
56. Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
57. Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do. – Pope John XXIII
58. Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It’s not a day when you lounge around doing nothing, it’s when you’ve had everything to do and you’ve done it. – Margaret Thatcher
59. You must be the change you wish to see in the world. – Mahatma Gandhi
60. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. – Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks for making it to the end. If you have a popular quote or saying from a famous author, speaker, celeb or leader you’d like to share – go ahead and post / share it in the comment section below.
This long list of Deep Quotes and Sayings about Life (400 total quotes) took us years to compile. We’re sharing them today in hopes that these powerful words and nuggets of wisdom will inspire you on your journey in life. Enjoy!
400 Deep Life Quotes to Inspire Positive Change
1. “Life is a long lesson in humility.”
2. ”What’s really amazing is when you can actually feel your life going somewhere… like it finally figured out how to get good.”
3. ”A person doesn’t have to be perfect to be exactly what you need.” – Dr. Elliot Reid
4. ”Just move on, you’ll be better off in the long run.”
5. ”You cannot evolve unless you are willing to change. You will never better yourself, if you always cling to what was.” – Leon Brown
6. ”Always keep your head up, because if it’s down you won’t be able to see the blessings that have been placed in your life.”
7. ”Never be ashamed of what you feel. You have the right to feel any emotion that you want, and to do what makes you happy.” – Demi Lovato
8. “Sometimes what you’re looking for comes when you’re not looking at all.”
9. “No matter how long it takes, it will get better.”
10. “Some people will better your life by being in it, while others will better it by staying out.”
11. “Never let a bad situation bring out the worst in you. Choose to stay positive and be strong.”
12. “Sometimes the words we leave unspoken are the most important ones that should have been said.”
13. “Remember how blessed you are to see another day.”
14. “God has perfect timing; never early, never late. It takes a little patience and it takes a lot of faith but it’s worth the wait.”
15. “A real relationship will make it through anything.”
16. “Don’t rush and never settle. If it’s meant to be, it will be.”
17. “How you make others feel about themselves, says a lot about you.”
18. ”The rain WILL stop, the night WILL end, the hurt WILL fade. Hope is never so lost that it can’t be found.” – Mandy Hale
19. ”Sometimes God has to break us to make us. It’s just a bend, it’s not the end. We’re all like glow sticks, no matter how much we’re bent and broken our light still shines.” – DeAndre Carswell
20. ”One day you will realize that material things mean nothing. All that matters is the well-being of the people in your life.” – Leon Brown
21. ”It’s sad how quickly people can forget about you, until they want something from you.”
22. ”Hard times may have held you down, but they will not last forever. When all is said and done, you will be increased.” – Joel Osteen
23. ”Sometimes you have to experience the bad, so that you can learn to appreciate the good things that enter your life.” – Leon Brown
24. ”I may not be where I need to be but I thank God I am not where I used to be!” – Joyce Meyers
25. “Sometimes you have to LOVE people from a DISTANCE and give them the SPACE and TIME to get their MINDS right before you let them back into your LIFE.”
26. “Your life will get better when you spend more time building your real life and less time watching reality tv.” – Thema Davis
27. ”Do what your heart desires, never hold back a thing, and don’t worry so much about what the others think, because at the end of the day, what makes you happy is what really matters the most.” – Unknown
28. ”Do not chase people. Be you and do your own thing and work hard. The right people who belong in your life will come to you and stay.” – Wu Tang
29. ”Do not wonder why things are “taking so long.” In fact, everything is rolling out exactly as it needs to, using not a minute more than Perfection requires. Rest easy and be at peace. Life is working its magic even as you take your very next breath.” – Neale Donald Walsch
30. ”Your choices, your actions, and your life. Live it the way you want, and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.”
31. ”Stop and make sure that everything you are doing right now is really what makes you happy. You can’t just live for some goal in the future and have that be everything . . . have that be it. Because that is what some people do. They get on this road and there are all these signs saying, ‘This way. That way.’ But what if you get there, you get exactly what you wanted, like some people do, except all the things that were wrong, are still wrong. Then what?” -Party of Five
32. ”If you still talk about it, you still care about it.”
33. ”The only person I can try to be better than, is the person I was yesterday.”
34. ”Today is a brand new day. A fresh start. Replace any negativity with positivity. Think happy thoughts. Exercise. Drink lots of water. Fill your body with fuel. Healthy is happy. Inspire yourself. Create. Laugh. Play. Love. Learn. Give someone a compliment. Make a new friend. Do a random act of kindness. It creates good karma. Take chances and finally start living life to its fullest. But no matter what’s thrown at you today, smile and remember, tomorrow’s always a fresh new start.” – Unknown
35. ”There are certain things in life where you know it’s a mistake but you don’t really know it’s a mistake because the only way to really know it is a mistake is to make that mistake and look back and say, “Yup, that was a mistake”. So really, the bigger mistake would be to not make the mistake because then you’ll go your whole life not really knowing if something is a mistake or not. And damn it, I made no mistakes. I’ve done all of this: my life, my relationship, my career mistakes-free.” – How I Met Your Mother (Episode 21)
36. ”Don’t judge someone’s choices without first knowing their reason.”
37. ”The true story is the realization that no time in your life is ever perfect, that even the best memories have cracks you might not see.”
38. ”No other animal knows the difference between Friday and Monday.”
39. ”Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome.”
40. ”Take a chance and never let go. Risk everything, lose nothing. Don’t worry about anything anymore. Cry in the rain and speak out loud. Say what you want and love who you desire. Be yourself and not what others want to see. Never blame anyone else if you get hurt because you took the risk and decided who was worth the while.”
41. ”To be successful in life requires enormous sacrifice and determination. Do not follow others, for they have their own destiny. Only you alone can determine your destination. If you fail that journey, there is a path to recovery, many of us have been there. Be satisfied with what you have and your dreams will become a reality.”
42. ”In the very moment you want to give up, give it all you got! You’re on the brink of your breakthrough.” – Aisha Martin
43. ”Look forward with hope, not backwards with regret.”
44. “Sometimes we fall down because there is something down there we’re supposed to find.”
45. ”If you’re struggling, that means you’re progressing.”
46. ”You can’t go through life protecting yourself from everything; you have to take chances, because if you don’t then you might as well not be living.”
47. “Life is like a camera. Just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot.”
48. ”Aspire to inspire before you expire.” – Unknown
49. ”Protect your spirit from contamination. Limit your time with negative people.” – Thema Davis
50. ”A girl should be like a butterfly, pretty to see and hard to catch.”
51. ”Don’t create conversations in your head, because they don’t usually go as planned and you’re left with disappointment.”
52. ”To make a woman happy, give her these three things: attention, affection and appreciation.”
53. ”When you release expectations, you are free to enjoy things for what they are instead of what you think they should be.” – Mandy Hale
54. ”We all die. The goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.” – Chuck Palahniuk
55. ”Men with good intentions make promises. Men with good character keep them.” – Unknown
56. “If you keep running back to the person that you need to walk away from… you’ll never create space for better things to arrive.”
57. ”We’re stronger in the places that we’ve been broken.” – Ernest Hemingway
58. ”You should never have to think twice about who your real friends are.”
59. ”Let’s turn our mistakes into lessons and our fears into hopes. We should have faith in ourselves and be strong.”
60. “Sometimes you have to move on, no matter how hard it is.”
70. “Don’t wait too long, you might miss your chance.”
71. “Learn to let go. That is the key to happiness.”
72. ”The most memorable moments in life are the ones you never planned.”
73. ”You should never have to think twice about who your real friends are.”
74. ”People build too many walls and not enough bridges.” – Isaac Newton
75. ”Be yourself. Who else is better qualified.”
76. ”The unhappiest people in this world, are those who care the most about what other people think.” – C. JoyBell C.
77. ”Before you quit, try. Before you talk, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you move-on, forgive.”
78. ”As I’ve grown up, I’ve learned several things. Life is full of disappointments and people you trusted will sooner or later let you down. I’ve learned that often those you love will love someone else and there’s only one way to fall – fast and hard. I’ve learned that out of thousands of smiles, it takes one to touch your heart. I’ve found that words can be deceiving but the truth always lies in a person’s eyes. I’ve learned that everything can change in the blink of an eye and tears often come without invitation. I’ve learned crying can make us stronger and there’s never too much love to go around. I’ve learned that prejudice helps no one and that weapons don’t hurt people, people hurt people.”
79. ”Don’t hurt others just because you’re hurt.”
80. ”Ask yourself if what you are doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow.”
81. ”Sometimes what we learn & who we become in the process of waiting is even more important than what we’re waiting for.” – Mandy Hale
82. ”If you can imagine it, you can create it. That beautiful world you dream about, needs positive action to come true.” – Leon Brown
83. ”The moment you’re ready to quit is usually the moment right before the miracle happens. Don’t give up!”
84. ”Detox your life by clearing out fake friends, dead-end jobs, and players posing as life partners.” – Thema Davis
85. ”When you are getting ready to advance to a new season, some people will be removed from your life without warning.” – Mandy Hale
86. ”Some of the best days of your life haven’t happened yet.”
87. ”You may have failed, but you are not a failure. That’s what you did. That’s not who you are.” – Joel Osteen
88. ”People may not realize this, but it’s sadness and despair that sometimes allow a person to grow. Being comfortable with where you’re at often doesn’t motivate you to change or improve your situation. However, being in despair forces you to try to get out of it. That’s why despair is a good thing.”
89. ”When you delete the unnecessary people from your life, good things will start happening for you and it won’t be a coincidence.”
90. ”For every set back, God has a major come back.”
91. ”Stop waiting for approval. Do what you want and live your life.”
92. ”Stop looking for reasons to be unhappy. Focus on the things you do have, and the reasons you should be happy.”
93. ”Sometimes you just have to deal with the fact that life doesn’t always go your way.”
94. ”The bravest thing I ever did was continuing my life when I wanted to die.” – Juliette Lewis
95. ”The people who are still with you at the end of the day are the ones worth keeping.”
96. ”Every end is a new beginning.”
97. ”If you really want something, make an effort. Everything isn’t just going to come to you.”
98. ”All we can do is learn from the past and make peace with it.” – Ada Monroe
99. If you can’t do anything about it then let it go. Don’t be a prisoner to things you can’t change. – Tony Gaskins
100. ”Don’t be sorry the moment ended. Be grateful it happened. Even the shortest chapters have valuable lessons.” – Mandy Hale
***This list is split into multiple pages. Please click the page number below to read the rest of the quotes.