Sometimes it’s easier to just go ahead and face the truth than to spend the rest of your life trying to hide from it. – Susan Gale
10 Tips to Help You Stay Young Forever
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay them.
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. ‘An idle mind is the devil’s workshop.’ And the devil’s name is Alzheimer’s.
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it’s family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don’t take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
Why do we suffer?
We suffer because we have forgotten the power of unconditional love. We suffer because we would rather be right and fight than be in love. We suffer because we label every experience either good or bad. We suffer because we resist change rather then embracing it for the purpose of our own spiritual evolution. We suffer because we invest more into stocks than we do in our self-worth. We suffer because we have forgotten that we’re all family. We suffer because our innate values have gone awry. We suffer because we measure every relationship by what we can get out of it rather than what we can put into it. We suffer because the little things are no longer the big things. We suffer because we have forgotten who we are, and how beautiful we are.
We suffer because we CHOOSE to suffer.
We have the power to choose, in every moment, how we feel. We may not choose our conditions, but we can choose how we experience them and how we experience ourselves. It’s that simple. Return to love. Return home to the source–you.
You’re the source of everything you experience. You are beautiful. You are wonderful. You are magical. You are eternal. You are truth. You are you. You just need to realize those things to experience them. Never forget that…
“The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don’t let them put you in that position.” –Leo Buscaglia
“The only demons in this world are those within our own hearts, and that is where all our battles should be fought.” –Mahatma Gandhi